IMPORTANT: This guide applies only to websites hosted on our Legacy (pre-2015) Flash-based system. Click here to view articles for our current platform.
You can create hyperlinked (button) areas within your Content Pages that launch a webpage in a new browser window, opens a new email message, or downloads a file. This is useful for adding links to other websites like your stock photography agency, email addresses of your agent(s) and assistants or download links to press releases, client lists and resumes.
To create a new Button Area:
- Select a Content Page. The Content Page will load in the preview area. You must first create a Content Page and select it in your list window before you can create a button for it.
- Click the "Create New" button in the bottom left corner of the Toolbox window.
- A pop up dialog box appears.
- Choose "Button Area" from the drop down menu.
- A button appears in the upper left corner of your preview window. For placement purposes, the button will appear as a transparent pink rectangle. It will not be visible on your published Live site.
- Click-and-drag on the button to position it on your page. Drag the square corner handles to resize the actual button area. The transparent pink rectangle should encompass the link or email address you wish to make clickable.
- Once your button area has been positioned, select the radio button to set the button to either an email address or URL (web link).
- Enter the corresponding email address or URL.
For URLs, the address must include "http://"and can be formatted as such:
To delete a link or email address button, select the button area in the preview window and click the red X in the upper left hand corner.