IMPORTANT: This guide applies only to websites hosted on our Legacy (pre-2015) Flash-based system. Click here to view articles for our current platform.
Your Lightbox feature allows you to pick and choose from any of the photos in your Image Archive to
create a custom, private online gallery. Send your Lightboxes to clients for proofing or to art buyers for
potential jobs, or just showcase some of your latest projects to a select group of individuals. You can
even use Lightbox links to create an unlimited number of “mini-portfolios”, by first sending the Lightbox
to yourself, then using the link to post in a blog or other website.
To create a new Lightbox:
1. Click on the "Create New" button in the bottom left corner of the Toolbox window.
2. A pop up dialog box appears.
3. Choose "Lightbox" from the drop down menu.
4. Enter a name for the Lightbox and click "Create".
5. A new Lightbox will appear in the Lightbox panel.
To add images to a Lightbox:
1. Click on the Image Archive folder where the image is stored. The images in the selected folder are
displayed in the Image Browser.
2. Select the photos you want to add by clicking on the thumbnails in the Image Browser. To select
multiple images that are next to each other, hold down the Shift key and click. To select multiple
images that are not next to each other, hold down the Command key (Mac) or Control key (PC) and
3. Drag the selected images from the Image Browser to the desired Lightbox in your Lightbox panel.
When your cursor arrow is over the selected Lightbox name and it is highlighted, release the
mouse button. A red "X" will warn you if you drag out of, or leave, the draggable area.
4. Click on the Lightbox name to view its contents and to confirm that your photos have been added
To send a Lightbox:
1. When you are ready to email a Lightbox, click on the Mail icon next to the name of the Lightbox
you wish to send.
2. The Send Lightbox window appears.
3. Enter your email address for the "From" field and the recipient's email in the "To" field. You can send to multiple email addresses by separating email addresses with a comma. You can all cc and bcc additional recipients.
4. Enter a subject and message.
5. If you want to show file names instead of titles for your captions (this may be easier for your clients to reference when proofing images using the Lightbox feature), check the box next to "Display files names instead of titles in captions".
6. Click "Send".
Your recipients are sent an email that contains a link to the custom Lightbox. Clicking the link launches your website with your custom online gallery. Your Lightbox recipients can even delete images or add images from your site to their Lightbox, and send you a new version of the Lightbox with their selections.