Custom Domain names are supported by Lite and Pro plans only.
In order to use your own custom domain name with clickbooq, you will need to make some simple changes to your domain's DNS records.
Where to make these changes:
- If you currently have hosting with another provider and wish to maintain their services, you will make the DNS changes through their hosting control panel. They can usually make the changes for you if you need help.
- If you do not have hosting, you will make your changes with your domain registrar directly.
How to point your A-Records to our server:
- Log into your hosting or domain registrar's control panel for your doman
- Edit the Host A-record for your primary domain name (yourdomain.com) and enter our IP address: 126.96.36.199
Next, create (or edit if it exists) a CNAME record and label it 'www' for the subdomain. For the "Points to (Host)" value, enter "sites.clickbooq.com"
Note: Some registrars such as GoDaddy point 'www' to '@', and '@' points to the IP address. Be sure to edit both the A-record and the 'www' CNAME record as outlined above.
Note: Make sure you only have one 'www' record. If you have another 'www' as an A-record, delete it.
Log into the Toolbox at https://app.clickbooq.com and click the Settings tab. Enter your custom domain name without the 'http://', i.e. "www.yourdomain.com". Click the "Update" button when you are finished.
5. Your website is now using your custom domain. Please allow 24 hours for the DNS changes to propagate throughout the Internet, after which time it will resolve to our servers and your new clickbooq website. Congratulations!
Need help with these changes?
If you need assistance with making these DNS changes, you have two options: 1) contact your domain registrar’s (or hosting provider) support team and they can make these changes for you, or 2) provide us with the appropriate login information to one of our support specialists by submitting a Support Ticket.
Still not seeing your new clickbooq website?
If it has been over 24 hours and you are still not seeing your clickbooq website, please try the steps in this support article:
My new website does not resolve (Clear DNS Cache)
Please submit a Support Ticket if your issue persists.
Please note: This is not a registrar transfer. Your domain name registration will remain with your registrar, and you are still responsible for domain name fees and renewals with your current registrar.