Note: Custom domain names are supported by Lite and Pro plans only.
Using a Custom Domain name with your clickbooq website involves a couple easy changes to your domain’s DNS records.
Note: In order to make these DNS changes, your domain must be set to use the default nameservers of your registrar. If you currently have website hosting through another provider and wish to keep it for your domain, stop this procedure, then contact your hosting provider to make the necessary A-record changes for your domain as reverting to the default nameservers will terminate any 3rd party hosting services for your domain once they are changed.
1. Log into your Network Solutions account, then click the "Manage" button for the domain you want to use for your clickbooq website:
2. Click the "Edit Advanced DNS Records" link to access your domain's DNS records
3. In the IP Address (A Records) section, click the "Edit A Records" button:
4. Enter our server IP address: 188.8.131.52 for the '@' record entry. Select the Delete checkbox next to the 'www' entry, and click Continue. On the next page, click Save Changes to confirm the change. You will be returned to the DNS records overview page.
Note: It is normal to still see the www A-record entry even if you deleted it. Network Solutions will continue to display this entry, even if no IP address entry is set for it. The www entry will display a destination of "none". This is normal.
4a. (Optional) If you are using Google Apps or another service for your email, you can now edit your MX records for that service. Here are the Google Apps records.
5. Next, click the "Edit CNAME Records" button. Now you will create a new www CNAME record to point to 'sites.clickbooq.com' (double-check the spelling! that is a 'Q' at the end!).
Enter www into the Alias field, enter 3600 into the TTL field, check the Other Host checkbox and enter sites.clickbooq.com. Click Continue, and Save Changes on the resulting page.
Note: You may see an error when trying to add the www CNAME record. Network Solutions is sometimes a little slow to update your previous action. Wait a few minutes and try to save your changes again.
6. Please allow 2-3 few hours for your new DNS changes to update. Once DNS server caches have updated globally, your custom domain will resolve to our servers.
7. Log into the Toolbox at https://app.clickbooq.com and click the Settings tab. Enter your custom domain name without the 'http://', i.e. "www.yourdomain.com". Click the Update button when you are finished.
8. Your website is now using your custom domain. Please allow 24 hours for the DNS changes to propagate throughout the Internet, after which time it will resolve to our servers and your new clickbooq website. Congratulations!
Need help with these changes?
If you need assistance with making these DNS changes, you have two options: 1) contact your domain registrar’s (or hosting provider) support team and they can make these changes for you, or 2) provide us with the appropriate login information to one of our support specialists by submitting a Support Ticket.
Still not seeing your new clickbooq website?
If it has been over 24 hours and you are still not seeing your clickbooq website, please try the steps in this support article:
My new website does not resolve (Clear DNS Cache)
Please submit a Support Ticket if your issue persists.
Please note: This is not a registrar transfer. Your domain name registration will remain with your registrar, and you are still responsible for domain name fees and renewals with your current registrar.