Custom domain names are supported by Lite and Pro plans only.
Using a Custom Domain name with your clickbooq website involves a couple easy changes to your domain’s DNS records.
Note: In order to make these DNS changes, your domain must be set to use the default nameservers of your registrar. If you currently have website hosting through another provider and wish to keep it for your domain, stop this procedure, then contact your hosting provider to make the necessary A-record changes for your domain as reverting to the default nameservers will terminate any 3rd party hosting services for your domain once they are changed.
1. Log into your hosting account, then click the "Manage Domains" link to view your available domains. Click the "DNS" link for the domain you want to use for your clickbooq website. (Note: If you do not see the "Manage Domains" link, you must contact Dreamhost support to make the changes for you as they sometimes do not display this section to all accounts)
2. Click the "Edit" link to edit the A-record for your domain (without the 'www'):
3. In the IP Address (A Records) section, enter the IP address: 126.96.36.199. Click "Edit Record Now" to save the changes.
4. Next, click the "Edit" link to edit the 'www' CNAME record for your domain:
Enter sites.clickbooq.com into the Value field. Click "Edit Record Now" to save the changes.
Note: If Dreamhost returns an error when editing these records, or you do not have access to create these records, you will need to contact Dreamhost support to make the changes for you. Some accounts do not have full DNS record access.
6. Log into the Toolbox at https://app.clickbooq.com and click the Settings tab. Enter your custom domain name without the 'http://', i.e. "www.yourdomain.com". Click the Update button when you are finished.
7. Please allow 12-24 hours for your new DNS changes to update. Once DNS server caches have updated globally, your custom domain will resolve to our servers.
8. Your website is now using your custom domain. Please allow 24 hours for the DNS changes to propagate throughout the Internet, after which time it will resolve to our servers and your new clickbooq website. Congratulations!
Need help with these changes?
If you need assistance with making these DNS changes, you have two options: 1) contact your domain registrar’s (or hosting provider) support team and they can make these changes for you, or 2) provide us with the appropriate login information to one of our support specialists by submitting a Support Ticket.
Still not seeing your new clickbooq website?
If it has been over 24 hours and you are still not seeing your clickbooq website, please try the steps in this support article:
My new website does not resolve (Clear DNS Cache)
Please submit a Support Ticket if your issue persists.
Please note: This is not a registrar transfer. Your domain name registration will remain with your registrar, and you are still responsible for domain name fees and renewals with your current registrar.