Note: Custom domain names are supported by Lite and Pro plans only.
Using a Custom Domain name with your clickbooq website involves a couple easy changes to your domain’s DNS records.
Note: In order to make these DNS changes, your domain must be set to use the default nameservers of your registrar. If you currently have website hosting through another provider and wish to keep it for your domain, stop this procedure, then contact your hosting provider to make the necessary A-record changes for your domain as reverting to the default nameservers will terminate any 3rd party hosting services for your domain once they are changed.
1. Log into your register.com account, then click HOVER your mouse over the "Domains" button to reveal additional options. Select the "Manage" link.
2. Click the "Manage" link next to the domain name you wish to edit:
3. In the Advanced Technical Settings panel, click the link "Edit IP Address Records":
4. Enter our server IP address: 126.96.36.199 for the blank record entry and click Continue. On the next page, click Continue to confirm the change. You will be returned to the overview page.
5. Now, click the "Edit Domain Alias Records" link. Create a new 'www' CNAME record to point to 'sites.clickbooq.com' (double-check the spelling! that is a 'Q' at the end!). Click Continue. On the next page, click Continue to confirm the change.
6. Please allow 6-12 hours for your new DNS changes to update. Once DNS server caches have updated globally, your custom domain will resolve to our servers.
7. Log into the Toolbox at https://app.clickbooq.com and click the Settings tab. Enter your custom domain name without the 'http://', i.e. "www.yourdomain.com". Click the Update button when you are finished.
8. Your website is now using your custom domain. Please allow 24 hours for the DNS changes to propagate throughout the Internet, after which time it will resolve to our servers and your new clickbooq website. Congratulations!
Need help with these changes?
If you need assistance with making these DNS changes, you have two options: 1) contact your domain registrar’s (or hosting provider) support team and they can make these changes for you, or 2) provide us with the appropriate login information to one of our support specialists by submitting a Support Ticket.
Still not seeing your new clickbooq website?
If it has been over 24 hours and you are still not seeing your clickbooq website, please try the steps in this support article:
My new website does not resolve (Clear DNS Cache)
Please submit a Support Ticket if your issue persists.
Please note: This is not a registrar transfer. Your domain name registration will remain with your registrar, and you are still responsible for domain name fees and renewals with your current registrar.