Custom domain names are supported by Lite and Pro plans only.
Using a Custom Domain name with your clickbooq website involves a couple easy changes to your domain’s DNS records.
Note: In order to make these DNS changes, your domain must be set to use the default nameservers of your registrar. If you currently have website hosting through another provider and wish to keep it for your domain, stop this procedure, then contact your hosting provider to make the necessary A-record changes for your domain as reverting to the default nameservers will terminate any 3rd party hosting services for your domain once they are changed.
1. Log into your 1and1.com account:
2. Under the Domains panel, select the 'Manage Domains' link:
3. Expand the panel for the domain you are editing, by clicking the toggle button, then click 'Edit DNS Settings':
3a. In the A/AAAA and CNAME Records panel, section of your DNS settings, select 'Other IP Address', then enter our server IP address 22.214.171.124 into the field. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page and Confirm.
4. You will be returned to the domain overview page. Click the 'Manage Subdomains' link
4a. Click the 'Create Subdomain' button
4b. Now,enter 'www' into the field and click Create Subdomain:
5. You will be returned to the sub-domain overview page. Expand the panel using the toggle button, then click the 'Edit DNS Settings' link:
5a. In the A/AAAA and CNAME Records panel, select the CNAME option. Then enter sites.clickbooq.com into the field and click Save.
6. Log into the Toolbox at https://app.clickbooq.com and click the Settings tab. Enter your custom domain name and include the 'www' (e.g. "www.yourdomain.com"). Click the Update button when you are finished.
5. Your website is now using your custom domain. Please allow 24 hours for the DNS changes to propagate throughout the Internet, after which time it will resolve to our servers and your new clickbooq website. Congratulations!
Need help with these changes?
If you need assistance with making these DNS changes, you have two options: 1) contact your domain registrar’s (or hosting provider) support team and they can make these changes for you, or 2) provide us with the appropriate login information to one of our support specialists by submitting a Support Ticket.
Still not seeing your new clickbooq website?
If it has been over 24 hours and you are still not seeing your clickbooq website, please try the steps in this support article:
My new website does not resolve (Clear DNS Cache)
Please submit a Support Ticket if your issue persists.
Please note: This is not a registrar transfer. Your domain name registration will remain with your registrar, and you are still responsible for domain name fees and renewals with your current registrar.