While making major revisions to your site, we recommend creating an Under Construction page and setting this as your Homepage. You can then move all of your galleries and pages to Hidden Content.
To create an Under Construction page:
- First, to hide your work in progress, click and drag all of your Pages and Galleries and other items in your Site Menu Content down to Hidden Content. This will remove it from your site’s navigation menu and visitors won’t be able to access it unless they have a direct link to that page.
- Click on the “+” button next to the Site Menu Content header for a Page you wish to appear in your site’s navigation menu. If you do not have enough pages left in your account, you will need to either upgrade your account or delete a page before you can create another one.
- A small drop down menu will appear.
- Choose “Page”.
- Enter a name for the Page – this will be the title of your page.
- You can select a page template (optional). Page Templates have predesigned layouts that you can customize with your own content.
- Click “Create Page”.
- A new Page will appear in your menu panel.
- Click Page Settings and check the box for “Set as Home” and click the Update button.
- Drag a text block to the Page and enter text for your Under Construction page (ie. “This site is under construction. Please send me an email and I’ll let you know when it launches!”
- Move all of your other pages and galleries to Hidden Content.